Psychology Learning Community (PLC)
PLC students enjoy the following opportunities:
- Enrollment in the only freshman seminar course that is just for Psychology majors—The Science & Practice of Psychology
- Special programs and events developed especially for PLC students
- A service learning project related to the psychology major
Why Join the PLC?
· LCs have many PROVEN benefits for first-year college students:
- Better grades!
- Previous PLC students had GPA their first semester of 3.1, others like them had GPA of 2.6!
- More Satisfied!
- 100% of PLC participants said they would recommend it to other entering majors!
- More involved!
- PLC students become our department leaders- Psychology Club, UG research, Psi Chi, Study Abroad
- You will take courses from faculty that are committed to helping make your first year in college a successful year.
- Experience the benefits of a small college experience while enjoying the excitement of attending a major university.
- Become familiar with the vast resources on campus to assist you in becoming the best student you can be.
- You will get to know people and make friends in your major.
- You will have fun!
Who Can Join the PLC?
The PLC is for entering first-year students who have declared Psychology as their major.
Two Ways to Join!
· Complete the online application at here
· Sign up at SOAR!
Questions About the PLC?
Contact PLC Coordinator, Dr. Kim Buch, at firstname.lastname@example.org