Current Declaration Period:
Fall 2017: Tuesday, Sept. 5th at noon - Friday, Sept. 29th at 3pm.
Fall 2017 Advising Information
1. UNCC now uses Connect to schedule advising appointments. Please click here for more information. Dr. West and Mr. Gillison WILL NOT schedule appointments via email.
2. Please check banner to find your assigned advisor in the psychology department. Connect only allows you to schedule appointments with your assigned advisor. If you are a major or minor and do not have an assigned advisor, email Dr. West (email@example.com).
3. Both Dr. West and Mr. Gillison will be holding first-come, first-serve walk-in advising hours for all psychology majors and minors regardless of who is your assigned advisor.
- Dr. West will hold walk-in advising from 10am-2pm on Monday, Sept. 18th and 25th as well as Oct. 2nd. Please come to Colvard 4048 for advising.
- Mr. Gillison will hold walk-in advising from 9:30-11:30am & 1-4pm on Wednesday, Sept. 13th, 20th, and 27th. Please come to Colvard 4112 for advising.
4. Peer advisors are available each weekday. For the current schedule and more information, click here.
5. If you have questions, please reach out to us: Dr. West (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Gillison (email@example.com).
Curriculum requirements and Checklists:
- Gen Ed Checklist (Updated Summer 2017)
- Natural Sciences Info Sheet (TWO natural sciences, ONE with a corresponding lab, are needed for the Psychology major requirements.)
- Psychology Major, B.S. (Updated Summer 2017)
- CAPP Degree Evaluation (If you would like to monitor your progress in the Psychology Major, follow the instructions in this ppt presentation to access the information on your Banner account.)
If you are a declared Psychology major or minor please visit Connect to schedule an appointment.* Peer Advisors are available during fall & spring semesters to meet with prospective and current students. They are available to help provide students with general advising about our curriculum and degree requirements.